Monday, December 14, 2009

Living in the future

You know how sometimes people say they are living in the past? Well, I live my life in the future.  I'm always thinking about tomorrow, next week, next month.  Things I'm going to do, want to do, need to do.  Always making plans.  I'm now in full holiday mode - our family starts arriving this Thursday and will be with us until the 27th.  I've got all kinds of things to do around the house to get it ready for the company.  So, I was knee deep in planning mode this morning, and all of a sudden thought about how the holidays are already in progress and I should take a moment to just enjoy it and appreciate it. 



I think that the future living makes me a little zombie-ish in my day to day life.  Like, I'm just going through the motions today so I can get to tomorrow. 

Of course, this happens with my health goals too - I'll start that diet tomorrow, next Monday, after things die down...it's like the Scarlett O'Hara syndrome - I won't think about it now...I'll think about it tomorrow. 

But, I'm working on it and am trying to be more mindful of living today.

The Y

So, I'm starting at the Y tonight! I'm nervous and excited.  I hope it's not too crowded.  I thought I would do an elliptical workout tonight - I'll be sure to update you.

MTM
The Mississippi Ten Miler training has not been happening and I'm fighting really hard not to berate myself over it.  I can't change the past and what I have not done.  I know it's a combination of laziness and fear that holds me back.  I think I'm always waiting for my fairy godmother to swoop in and change me into an athletic, fit, happy person who has no doubts about her abilities.

I'm getting a little nervous about the run because I haven't found any concrete posting about when it's happening, although it's been on the Sunday before Memorial Day the last few years, so hopefully this year isn't any different. 

I'm also very excited because after my friend from HS and I are run it, we'll hurry home and clean up and get on a plane to Vegas for a couple of days! We've never taken a trip like this together in the 18 years we've known each other, so we're both very excited and it will be quite the reward for us.

Ok, that's all for today.  Enjoy today, everyone!

No comments: