Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Y: Day 1

Hi all! Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I did want to tell you, I went to the Y for the first time on Monday night! It went really well. :)

My 30 minute workout DID end up taking me about 2 hours total, but I think that was mostly because I needed to get my ID card picture taken and printed, and get everything set up in my locker...just that putzy stuff that I won't need to do from now on.  Oh, and I did relax in the sauna for about 20 minutes :)

The workout itself was just okay.  I had intended to do an elliptical workout, but the machines that were available wouldn't turn on, so I ended up on a treadmill (which is slightly ironic since the reason I joined the Y was so I could get in workouts that are different from my treadmill workout at home).  But, it felt good to get moving and I feel like I've gotten over a hurdle just by getting there. 

There were some things I need that I hadn't thought about (i.e. shower shoes).  I think it'd be nice to have some sort of caddy for my locker too, but for the most part, I have all the stuff I need right there in my locker. 

Also, it's been so long since I've been in a gym environment, I've forgotten what it's like to be naked around other naked people.  I'm sure it isn't just me that feels this way, but I wonder why it seems that other people seem so very happy and content being naked in a locker room, and I am so UNcomfortable being naked.  Maybe that awkwardness just dissipates with time....

Holidays

As I think I've mentioned, our family starts arriving tomorrow night for the holiday.  I'm really looking forward to it, but I haven't been able to think about much else other than what needs to be done around the house before they get here.  I'm actually taking tomorrow off work so I can get some things done.

H2O

I realized I haven't updated you all on my water goal for December - I'm doing great on it! Since the 3rd, I've only missed one day of meeting my water goal, so I'm feeling pretty good. It was a good goal to set for this crazy busy month :)

Trivia

Once a month, J and I and some friends go to Kieran's for trivia.  Tonight happens to be trivia night.  We used to be in the top 5 teams pretty consistently, but either the questions have gotten harder, the competition has gotten stiffer, or we've gotten dumber because we've slipped down to the middle of the pack.  That's alright, though, it's still a ton of fun :)

Ok, that's all for today - I'll try for at least one more update before the holiday!

No comments: