Monday, September 28, 2009

Saturday's sushi and other stuff

Well, it's a cool, blustery fall morning in the Twin Cities today.  It feels good, but I also feel like we were a little cheated out of a real summer - it was really cool most of June and we just didn't have a ton of sunny days this year.   Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE fall though. 

I'm super dehydrated this morning, I didn't drink near enough water yesterday.  We were out and about looking for an area rug for our living room.  Unfortunately, we went to about 8 stores and no dice.  I'm going to do some looking online..maybe CL or ebay will have something for us. 

So, Saturday night we went out for sushi at Origami to celebrate J's and our friend Beth's birthdays.  It was a really fun time.  J wanted to order "omakase", which basically means it's chef's choice.  It was pricey, but we got a TON of food and got to try some really different things that I definitely wouldn't normally have tried.  We had sea urchin for the first time, which we both agreed was very strange - it's a paste like consistancy and has an almost musty taste to it.  Also tried toro, which was like a really fatty tuna and that was really good.  Everyone else got a bunch of rolls to share and seemed really happy.  So, my opinion on Origami is definitely better after our second visit, but I still prefer Saji-ya on Grand. 

Sundays are our grocery days, so usually Sunday mornings I plan out our main meals for the week and write up a shopping list.  I like having a plan (remember, I'm a great planner) and not having to wonder what I'm going to eat for dinner when I get home.  Anyway, the last 4 weeks or so, I've been on the lookout for a new Special K bar my co-worker told me about - Chocolatey Pretzel.  If you are a sweet/salty fan, this is the snack for you!  Finally, yesterday they appeared at Cub!  I was so excited, I bought two boxes.  They aren't nutritionally signficant in anyway, and have no fiber to speak of, but they are super tasty and at 90 calories great substitute for a vending machine snack. 



Today I'm starting a new audio book, "Skinny Bitch" by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin.  My old hairdresser had recommended it, and I thought I would give it a try.  I'll let you know what I think.

Well, that's about all I've got for today.  I've got another C25K run planned for tonight - no hesitation creeping in yet!

No comments: