Thursday, June 10, 2010

Turkey Burgers

Hey everyone. Happy Thursday! This week has felt so long to me. Things have been really slow at work, so that doesn’t make it easier, I suppose.

I ran on Tuesday for the first time since the big race. It went okay. I upped my speed a little bit and as a result, my distance wasn’t what I had hoped for, but that’s ok. I’ve been having some heel pain that I am moderately concerned about. I strike with my heel, and even though I try to consciously land on my forefoot, I know I’m not doing it all the time. But, I’m working on it.

I made some awesome turkey burgers the other night. I modified a recipe from allrecipes.com. They turned out so good, I thought I’d post the recipe for y’all:

Cranberry Turkey Burgers:

1.25 lbs ground turkey breast
1/3 C dried cranberries, chopped
1/4 C plain bread crumbs
1/4 C diced onion
1 egg white, beaten
1 T dried parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
5 light hamburger buns
5 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
1 onion, caramelized (to caramelize, slice 1 yellow onion and sauté over medium heat with 1 T vegetable oil, stirring occasionally until a deep golden brown color ~ about 20 minutes)

Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and form into 5 patties. Grill until internal temperature reaches 180˚ F. Top burgers with cheese and caramelized onions. 360 calories, 9.7g fat, 4.6g fiber.

No comments: