Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shitty day

Well, perhaps the universe read my post from yesterday and thought, "Hey, looks like Laura is in need of some stress, it appears she's bored."  I got a big dose of stress yesterday afternoon.  J, my wonderful husband, lost his job.  We're both very sad about it.  He really liked his company and we felt like he could really be there for the long haul, and now it just seems like he's been dumped out of the blue.  It was very unexpected and we're still in shock.  We just bought our first home in May and now to have one of us without a job is scary to say the least.  Luckily, we're savers, so we do have an emergency fund, but it doesn't make this any easier emotionally. 

On the upside, now that I need to be more mindful about my spending, I think it will contribute to being more mindful about my eating too.  Cutting back on eating out will be a big money saver for us. 

I don't really have much else to say, life will get back to normal eventually...i just hate that i don't know when. 

No comments: