Friday, October 30, 2009

Here I am!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm sorry I've been so absent in my posting.  Everyday I've been thinking, I need to catch up on my blog, but then the day gets busy and the opportunity is lost. 

Let's see...what's been going on? 

Work's been busy.  J had jury duty this week and had lunch w/ me a couple times downtown, so that was fun.  He also had an interview yesterday, so we're keeping our fingers crossed :)

Biggest Loser Update

A very emotional episode this week.  Everytime they show Abby's little girl, I cry.  I'm feeling less and less attached to Daniel and Shay.  In fact, I'll say it:  Daniel should have gone home this week.  Crazy Train didn't disappoint again this week...she's the go to for drama this season.  I can't wait til they get rid of her...

I am loving all of the time Jillian is putting in to get to the root of everyone's obesity.  It really gives me some good things to think about with my own story.

Restaurants

Have you been to Brasa? Of course you have, my little foodies! This summer they opened up a location on Grand Ave, which is practically right up the road from us.  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite go-to places for lunch or dinner.  I love the meat + sides served family style, and the food is always super tasty and just enough.   

Last week, some co-workers invited me to lunch with them at Trattoria Da Vinci.  Apparently, their pasta bar is very popular with the downtown St. Paul crowd, but after working down here for a year, I still hadn't tried it.  It's a pretty good value, for sure.  For $11 you get a HUGE (I'm not exaggerating here) bowl of pasta mixed with any kinds of veggies, meat, sauce you choose.  Seriously, it was enough for 3 good meals.  So, they've got the quantity, how about quality?  Eh, it was ok.  There was nothing bad about it, but it wasn't great either.  I actually felt really overwhelmed with all of the choices for ingredients you could add.  You also get bread, which the other people I was with raved about, but I thought was very average at best. 

Halloween Update



I LOVE Halloween, I must say.  Last night we went to a friend's house and carved pumpkins, which is pretty much an annual tradition.  I did a traditional Jack-o-Lantern and J, who always likes to do something different, carved "SAVE FERRIS" into his pumpkin...it goes with our John Hughes theme for Saturday's party.

Yep, so most of the planning is done for Saturday.  We've got our costumes - I'll be Claire and J. will be Bender from Breakfast Club.  We're expecting about 20 people, which would be the biggest turnout yet for our party, so we're really excited about that.  We will be serving up all kinds of spooky and unhealthy fare, including bat wings, eyeballs, and a brain.  (I'll try to remember to post pics).

Lemoncello

One thing I'm super excited about is for everyone to taste our homemade lemoncello.  We bottled it about 10 days ago and I've been having little sips almost everyday.  The flavor has definitely mellowed over time, so letting it sit was a good plan.





Weighty Stuff

Well, I really don't have much to report on my health goals or efforts, mainly because there haven't been any.  [Insert Excuse Here]  I've been eating crap, not exercising, and not feeling great....hmm...could there be a connection??? :-p

I'm going to make 3 goals/declarations right now.  1) I will drink all my H2O today and then some - I know part of my sluggishness is in my dehydration.  2) Tomorrow as I'm cleaning the house, decorating for the party, and prepping food, I will eat regular meals and healthy snacks.  3) On Sunday, hungover or not, I will get on the treadmill for 40 minutes - even if I just walk and do no running, I will be on the treadmill. 

Okay everyone, that's all for today.  I hope you have a really great Halloween.  :) :) :)




psst...I've already got 32 oz of water in...yay me :)

No comments: