Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hiroshima

The song has nothing to do with today's post...I just like it. No video, but at least you can listen to it:




I think I’ve gotten complacent. What once made me feel like an icy glass of water had been thrown in my face now doesn’t feel so shocking. It’s like I’ve gotten used to the idea that someone would look at me and think that I’m pregnant. All the emotions that led me to start this blog - The extreme embarrassment, the anger, the motivation – have definitely waned.

I look back at week one and I worked out like 6 days that week. Now I’m doing around 3-4. I tracked every morsel of food. Now I’m tracking food only a day or two each week.

I will say that I’ve been really focused on training for the 10 miler I have coming up. I’m running a lot more and my body has definitely been craving more fuel. And really, just being able to finish the 10 miles is a higher priority to me right now than losing pounds. So, honestly, I don’t expect too much of myself in the weight loss realm until after the 10 miler is done. It’s only 13 days away!! Ahhh! I can’t believe I signed up for this and it’s already almost here!

One of my co-workers asked me how much I’ve lost since I started running because she noticed my clothes were looser. I was really surprised to hear that because they really don’t feel looser and I haven’t even hit my 10 lb mark yet. So, I think she was just being nice. Although, this morning the scale hit a new low, I was surprised and happy to see. Maybe I’m breaking free of the +.4/-.4 pattern…

No comments: