Monday, May 3, 2010

My life is a re-run

If you eat shitty, you feel shitty. Funny how that works, isn’t it? I had a way overindulgent weekend that I feel really guilty about. I didn’t run – actually didn’t work out at all – and husband and I ate out 4 times, and I wasn’t selective about my food choices even once. So, I feel like crap not only physically, but also mentally. I wonder how many times I’ll have to re-learn this lesson.

I also drank way too much on Friday night – which I’m sure contributed in part to my poor eating decisions. But, it seems that every time I drink too much, the next morning I’m saying to myself, “I’m never drinking again” and then two or three weeks later, there I am, in the same position.

It’s weird how I live the same pattern over and over again. I don’t like this pattern, so why can’t I break it? How do I create a new pattern and get out of this cycle for good?

No comments: