Monday, May 17, 2010

Ups and Downs

Monday morning is here again. I had an okay weekend, not great. Friday night was my 10 year college reunion. There were a total of 6 (yep, SIX) people from my class there. Four of which, I see on a regular basis. So, that was kind of a bust. It was fun walking around campus and reliving some old memories, though.

Saturday, husband and I went out and ran some errands. I wanted to get some new running gear (shoes, new sports bra, gels for long runs) and husband wanted to get some Vibram Five Finger shoes. If you haven’t heard of these, they are very popular with the barefoot running clique. He has yet to try them in a real world scenario, so I’ll have to keep you updated on if he likes them.

Sunday, after procrastinating all morning, I finally laced up my new cushy shoes (no five fingers for me yet) and headed down to my treadmill for a planned 6 miler. In short, it sucked. I had some shooting pains in my left knee and my right heel and just felt exhausted overall. So, I jogged a half mile and quit. I hope that it’s just the new shoes that are causing me pain. I’m going to try a run tonight with my “old” shoes and see how that goes. I guess some days are good running days and some aren’t. I’m not going to lie and say that I’m not worried about this stuff though. I have 2 weeks until the 10 mile race I’m signed up for and I am scared shitless.

I have to say that I’m really, really, disappointed about the numbers I’m seeing on the scale. The last few weeks it’s been like up .4, down .4. And I really feel like I’ve been taking it pretty easy with the food choices. But, I will concede that I still haven’t gotten back into tracking on SparkPeople. So, maybe that’s my snag. It’s really very disheartening though.

No comments: