Sunday, May 30, 2010

10 Miler Complete!

I'm so excited to say that I officially finished the 10 miler today! I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but, I finished in about 2 hours and 30 minutes. I ran most of the first half, and walked most of the second half. Miles 4 and 5 were the hardest - in the sun, on hot pavement, yucky scenery along Shepard Road. I finished 2nd to last. In the second half, I walked a bit with the girl who came in last. My husband joined me on the 2nd half and helped pull me through.

I really really wanted to quit at the halfway point, but my husband and friends encouraged me to stick with it.

I'm sorry this post is so discombobulated, but my friend and I are rushing out the door to leave for our Vegas reward! Sooo, I'll try and write a better post when I return next Thursday!

Hope everyone has a fun and healthy Memorial Day!













No comments: