Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Drama Queen

Good morning, everyone! Yeah, I know that no one reads this blog, but maybe one day someone will – like it’ll pop up in a search or something and someone who loves hearing other people blather on about their neuroses will be so happy to find a blog such as this.

I kind of broke down and told one of my other friends about the “when are you due” thing. She’s one of my closest friends, and out of our group, she’s definitely the mother hen. She’s so compassionate and gives great advice. I’m glad I told her, but it wasn’t easy or fun. Of all emotions to feel, I despise feeling embarrassed, so to relate the single most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me is really a struggle.

Anyway, I made it through the weekend just fine – made some good choices. One of my biggest struggles was getting all my water in, but that’s really no big deal. One thing I want to focus on is really starting to amp up my activity. I feel that I should be getting in at least an hour of cardio a day, so I’m going to start focusing on that. Tracking on SparkPeople continues to go well and I’m doing a good job keeping up with it.

I’ll close with a fairly short post today, but I just want to say that I know that in the grand scheme of things, my struggles with my weight are miniscule in comparison to the problems that other people have. I know it may sound trite to describe someone mistaking me for pregnant as one of the worst things that has ever happened to me. I do tend to be a bit of a drama queen, so please don’t read this blog and think that I’m not grateful for the many wonderful things in my life. I have an amazing husband, a beautiful home, a secure job and loving and supportive friends, but my weight problem seems like a dark cloud that is always above me. And I am fortunate enough to have the ability to change it.

One last thing: Julie Moss was featured on my Radio Lab podcast (Limits) yesterday. I had never heard her story before, but it is at once heartbreaking and inspirational, so I’m posting a clip of her here for you. If you have time, look up the podcast to hear her whole story. Have a good day!

No comments: