Friday, April 23, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

Yesterday afternoon as I was packing up and getting ready to go home, I was thinking about the treadmill workout I had planned. I was tired and thought about how comfy my couch is. I imagined myself sprawled across the couch with my remote in hand. And I heard this little voice say,

“skipping one workout won’t matter”

And then I had an epiphany: It’s just like “It’s a Wonderful Life”. You know how good ol’ George Bailey thinks that everything would have been better if he had never been born? And then he finds out that all the little actions in his life affected everyone else around him. Well, I realized that every single workout that I have ever done (or not done) has gotten me to where I am today. What would have happened if I had skipped working out the first day that I ran a mile? Would I have never been able to run two? Every time I get on the treadmill, I’m building a base on which to build every future workout. The distance that I go today wouldn’t be possible without the distance that I went yesterday.

And then I went home and ran 2 miles. Atta girl.

In other news, I weighed myself this morning and for the first time in months I am below 200. I won’t post the number since tomorrow is my official weigh-in day. It feels good to see that 1 again though.

So, I’m pretty certain that my boss has an eating disorder. She is very, very skinny and continues to make comments about feeling fat. I’m really worried about her, but don’t know what to do. I can’t believe her family and friends haven’t intervened in some way. I think for now I’m going to keep quiet, but if things don’t start to improve, I might need to talk with HR.

Official weigh-in tomorrow morning and 5K tomorrow afternoon…


No comments: