Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hesitations

I had to pop on this afternoon because I’m starting to feel my early resolve waning. So, it’s been 3 days since someone mistook me for pregnant, I’ve had 2 ½ days of eating well, getting activity, and I’m scared that it’s starting to slip away already. Seriously, what will I become if “when are you due?” no longer motivates me to lose this weight? What is it going to take to make me change?

So, tonight I had planned on going to a strength training class after work. But, as the afternoon goes on, I just don’t want to go. I’m nervous about going, yes, but also I’m just feeling tired. I’ve been trying to bargain with myself to get out of it. It just kind of sucks because the class isn’t until 5:10, and I’m done with work at 4, so since I don’t really have enough time to go home and come back, I still have an hour to kill.

Ok, just writing this makes me feel a little bit better. I don’t want to make any more excuses. So, what I’ll do is stay at work just a few minutes late and then go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for a half hour or so before the class starts, and then give the class a try. Good choices aren’t always easy choices.

No comments: