Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Great Expectations

Well, the scale was kinder this morning, although still not quite where I hoped it would be. I know that each .2 adds up to a full pound eventually, but it’s really hard not to keep my gargantuan expectations at bay when I’m constantly bombarded with magazines, weight loss commercials, and TV shows (yep, I’m talking about you Biggest Loser), that tout losing 10 pounds in 10 days is possible for just about anyone.

Last night I went to the gym for an elliptical workout. I took it pretty easy and did 30 minutes at a low resistance. Tonight I have another 3 mile run planned. Now, when I say run, I think you should understand that by normal standards, I mean “jog”. I’ve been running 13 minute miles, so by no means am I sprinting or anything. But, to be clear, know that I will always call any movement that is faster than a speed-walk, running.

My goal is to try to have a long run of 5 miles on Saturday. If I can do that, then next week I plan to start doing some speed work to try to get my time down a bit.

No comments: